VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi therere,
    i am looking to convert bluray to wmv-hd for my xbox,
    i have had a look around and i cant find anything i can follow it seems there are several ways of doing it,can some1 point me in the right direction with somthing i can use step by step or tell me what they do???i found wmea is it possible with this program?????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The forums at http://forum.doom9.org have a section called "New and alternative video codecs" that describes the process. I looked into it last year for HD DVD conversion and I have to warn you that basically everything either works fine for you or you have problems and if you have problems, nobody really knows why nor do they know how to fix them.

If you don't want to go to the trouble of converting, Usenet providers such as Giganews carry news groups where many BluRay discs have already been converted to WMV-HD format. You'll have to pay someone like Giganews to get access to these alt.* groups, but you could download files a lot quicker than you can convert them yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wait until microsoft release a bluray addon.

And search, like https://forum.videohelp.com/topic350857.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know of someone that has been doing this with great results. He is making VC-1 WMV files with 5.1 WMA audio and it works on the XboX 360 although the PS3 does not like the 5.1 WMA (I had to re-encode to a 2 channel Stereo Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Sound WMA file).

I'm not sure of his entire process but he did mention that he uses TMPGenc Xpress.

- Jon "FulciLilesa
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for your replies im gonna look at the links you provided,you say xbox will have a bluray add-on like the hddvd addon i like to have everything on hd's so i can viw them from my extenders and pc's,
    il have a look and get back thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The rumor mill says that Microsoft is working on yet another version of the XboX 360 that will have Blu-Ray built-in for those that want movie playback ... no one expects them to start selling video games on Blu-Ray.

Will they make a Blu-Ray add on for those of you who already have an XboX 360 ... nobody knows ... the rumors seem to point to a new model with Blu-Ray actually built-in and nothing more.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    I'm not sure of his entire process but he did mention that he uses TMPGenc Xpress.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=611163

I doubt it will be perfect with that method, but well...is just a method like any other

hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    iv just downloaded TMPGEnc and am using the trial ver it is encoding as i write this im encoding a bluray rip,great gui on this app although to buy this is pricey but could be woth it for me if it works again thanks for the links and replies,il post on the outcome of this encode
    Quote Quote