VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Chinese are great rip-off artists.

They have been known for counterfit IC-Chips, Caps, just about anything really. AMD once busted they're ass over counterfit processors. It wasn't widely known to the public because AMD caught they're ass before they could do any real damage to AMD's reputation. And many of the chips had not yet made it into wide-spread circulation. But there were a few..

When it comes to the Chinese, they would steal the pennies off of a dead relatives eyes.. And find a way to profit from it.
    Yeah, I'm probably nuts... But what the hell. Nobody's perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Seeker47
    Have you had to replace any caps on any of your various Pioneer decks ?
    I had a couple of DVR-220 and DVR-225 decks tank from the power caps issue, also a DVR-520. I know my limits when it comes to a soldering iron : the parts are a little too close together for my skill level, so I chose to sell off those machines at break-even rather than fix them for a profit (my specialty is electro-mechanical repairs). There is a very good primer on Hkan's pioneerfaq website regarding power supply repairs, under the article heading"630 Power Supply". Its specifically about the 530/630 series but many of the tips apply to the x20 series as well. This info can be helpful for do-it-yourself repair, or to pass on to a service center to focus them on what needs to be looked at.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I take it, that these BAD CAPS are easy to access, and test with a meter?

Where do you get quality parts from, because radio shack MUST be carrying china crud?!
    Quote Quote