VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

what is the best setup for recording a good picture using the LP recording mode.

Some pictures are great while others are pixelated. This especially happens when recording football. The picture is terrible.

any suggestions of what I can change to increase the picture quailty without choosing a higher recording mode?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's just a symptom of Panasonic maintaining 720x480 resolution but not using a high enough bit rate to support that res as scenes change or objects move fast.

Other people with similar Panny recorders use FR mode not over 3 hours (between 2 and 3) and say they get decent results. Might be the only thing you can do with that recorder?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with Wajo, their is nothing you can do to stop the macroblocing on LP speed. The faster the motion or scene changes the more macroblocking. LP does work fine for certain recordings with little fast movement or still pictures like a slide show, but for faster movement use FR and try to not go over 3hrs/SL disc. Lately I've been trying to stick more around 2hrs 40 min. for recordings with fast movement.
    Personally I love the fact that Panasonic keeps full resolution to LP but it does have its downside. I think I've read some(or maybe all?) Pioneers allow a person to adjust not only the speed but also the resolution within the speed. I would love this. That way if the recording had lots of fast movement I could use a speed like LP and cut the resolution to avoid the macroblocking. OTOH if the recording did not have lots of fast movement I could enjoy the full resolution to LP.
    Quote Quote