VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First let me apologize if this has been covered as my search did not reveal an answer.

I am set to convert many 8mm tapes from my old analog Hitachi camcorder by passthrough into and out of a Sony HC96 DV camcorder and then by firewire into my pc.

My question is the type of cable between the camcorders for the best picture and sound. One option that does work is to use a cable that connects from the analog Hitachi by RCA jacks and into The Sony HC96 a/v input.

The analog Hitachi also has an output that I'm not sure what it is called. It's rectangular 1/4"x5/16", has 20 pins but only 7 are used. The other end of this cable has RCA jacks plus S-video but these will not connect into the Sony. Should I try and find a cable with the rectangular output on one end and a/v input on the other? Possibly find a cable that accepts the S-video and RCA sound jack and would connect to the Sony a/v input?

Thanks for any replies,
    Brad
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bottom line, use what works. Depending on the source, there likely isn't much difference anyway.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote