VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to find a free file/folder copying utility. I have 3 computers on my network and they all have special functions (Web Server, Video/Storage Server, Desktop). I wrote a VB.Net utility a while back to copy folders from all 3 computers I choose onto a directory on the Storage computer and then I just copy that directory to DVD. It doesn't seem to be working now, I am too busy to debug it and I know there has got to be something better out there.

Suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I was wondering why you just dont enable sharing on the computers and map the drives. The normal Windows copy functions would then work across the computers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by grossjamesh
    I was wondering why you just dont enable sharing on the computers and map the drives. The normal Windows copy functions would then work across the computers
    I am not familiar with "Windows copy functions", can you elaborate?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a program called Second Copy that I am going to look into.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Maikeru-sama
    Originally Posted by grossjamesh
    I was wondering why you just dont enable sharing on the computers and map the drives. The normal Windows copy functions would then work across the computers
    I am not familiar with "Windows copy functions", can you elaborate?
    He is referring to the normal Windows functions found in Windows Explorer or My Computer. Simply share the folders (or the entire HDD for that matter) on each PC, then copy/paste, drag and drop, or whatever the files into the folder you want.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  6. I automate file transfers, backups, and such with Take Command! - an excellent scripting program. It's at http://www.jpsoft.com

They also have a free version which is a big improvement over cmd.
    Quote Quote