VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Alright folks, tired of trying to search for this topic but hopefully its posted somewhere and someone can point me in the right direction.

Here's the problem I have with the ffmpegX V0.0.9y

When I hit encode it asks me:

"Where is Progress.app?"

What the heck is this and isn't this supposed to have been installed or with the program already?

Running Mac OS X Panther

See attached file for picture of error message.

Thank you all for your help!!

error.png
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic344989.html#1806121
    Hi,

I had the same problem.
    After doing this, ffmpeg doesnīt ask for progress.app any more.

Instead of that I now get this error-message:

DVDNA_KEY

DVDNA2_KEY

Even this problem could be solved after reading the explanation on this link
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic345474.html?highlight=dvdnakey

So I copied a VOB file onto my HD and started ffmpegx again. And again I had to tell the software again that it is the progress.app itself. Very funny to do it each start...
    (Little question to case: What is a mencoder preset?)

But the extracted mp3 file has a size of 0 kb

Any Idea?

Thank you for the help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1/ The "Where is Progress.app" question shouldn't come up at all. But even if it does, it shouldn't ask more than once. Quite weird when it does. Is your ffmpegX application located where it should be ( /Applications) ?

2/ If you're trying to extract the audio from a DVD-Video to .mp3, then several things could go wrong. (a) The audio may fail to decode (e.g. DTS); (b) By default, ffmpeg presumes the second stream (#0.1) is the audio to convert. If the second stream is subtitles or any other unintended stream, then you may need to set a different stream by bumping the the Audio track value in the Audio tab. For further assistance, please post the Process Information log.

3/ The main window of ffmpegX (the Summary tab) is divided in a left side for the Source file information, and a right side for target information. The "To:"-field has a small black triangle, which acts as a drop down menu that gives access to 35 presets. These presets load settings into most fields in the other tabs, as default for various kinds of target output. Many presets list which engine they use. E.g. "XviD mencoder" uses the mencoder engine and "XviD ffmpeg" uses the ffmpeg engine. By saying "a mencoder preset" I mean any preset that uses the mencoder engine; any preset that has "mencoder" in the preset name.
    It was mentioned because it is the engine to use for VIDEO_TS folders (while the other engines are okay with single files, including VOBs).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case
    1/ The "Where is Progress.app" question shouldn't come up at all. But even if it does, it shouldn't ask more than once. Quite weird when it does. Is your ffmpegX application located where it should be ( /Applications) ?

2/ If you're trying to extract the audio from a DVD-Video to .mp3, then several things could go wrong. (a) The audio may fail to decode (e.g. DTS); (b) By default, ffmpeg presumes the second stream (#0.1) is the audio to convert. If the second stream is subtitles or any other unintended stream, then you may need to set a different stream by bumping the the Audio track value in the Audio tab. For further assistance, please post the Process Information log.

3/ The main window of ffmpegX (the Summary tab) is divided in a left side for the Source file information, and a right side for target information. The "To:"-field has a small black triangle, which acts as a drop down menu that gives access to 35 presets. These presets load settings into most fields in the other tabs, as default for various kinds of target output. Many presets list which engine they use. E.g. "XviD mencoder" uses the mencoder engine and "XviD ffmpeg" uses the ffmpeg engine. By saying "a mencoder preset" I mean any preset that uses the mencoder engine; any preset that has "mencoder" in the preset name.
    It was mentioned because it is the engine to use for VIDEO_TS folders (while the other engines are okay with single files, including VOBs).
    Thanks for the Help.

Iīm a bit irritated. I read the topics in this forum in german and I posted my question in german too. Why is it all in english now???

However...

1. For some reason ffmpeg doesnīt ask for progress.app any more. I donīt know why but itīs OK this way.

2. It was my fault. I didnīt use the DVD-Video to .mp3, but I think I used the Audio file to mp3. But using your explanation it worked.

3. OK, now I know what you wanted to say.

Once again, thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote