VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    All,

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to capture ESPN360 broadcasts? I wasnt sure if IPTV Recorder a tool I just came across by accident today which led me to this question. Or some other utility could perform this task? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean with your MYHD MDP-130 card .. is that chan encryped .. or through
    an alternative means like a HD->SD downsampled capture i.e. Polaroid DRM-2001G dvd
    recorder ??

-vhelp 4701
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No. The ESPN360 broadcasts are online streaming videos via broadband. I was curious if there was a tool that could capture the streaming broadband video to your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please post video streaming recording in our video streaming forum(or digitaltv for iptv). Moving you.

Can you play the stream using VLC Media Player? Then can you record it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks Baldrick. I dont really know for sure. Pretty much a novice at streaming video. I believe espn360 has their own player, but not sure if you can setup VLC to play the stream. If I get a chance I might just send an email to the IPTV Recorder folks and see what they say.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DVWannaB
    Thanks Baldrick. I dont really know for sure. Pretty much a novice at streaming video. I believe espn360 has their own player, but not sure if you can setup VLC to play the stream. If I get a chance I might just send an email to the IPTV Recorder folks and see what they say.
    DV - Any update? Have you been able to record any of their streams or On Demand shows?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Considering that ESPN360 doesn't work at all for a large number of people, I doubt that DVWannaB was ever able to record it. Just getting it to work seems to be almost miraculous, let alone recording it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    Considering that ESPN360 doesn't work at all for a large number of people, I doubt that DVWannaB was ever able to record it. Just getting it to work seems to be almost miraculous, let alone recording it.
    ESPN360 is limited to certain ISP's and as a result, many people can't get it. To your point, I guess people still can have trouble playing the video even if they have one of the required ISP's. I have problems every so often myself. Just curious if DV was able to do anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No I didnt get anywhere. The video streams are too choppy for me to consider trying to capture it, so I ditched the idea..
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, i wanted to do it for a espn360 replay game (so the skipping/buffering doesn't really occur), any idea how to do it? The VLC idea sounds promising, but when I put the link in for "open file>network" it doesnt work.. but maybe i need to change a port or a setting? Also, if there is another program that will record it/capture it, that would work to. I just thought the VLC idea sounded promising.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by macaddict
    well, i wanted to do it for a espn360 replay game (so the skipping/buffering doesn't really occur), any idea how to do it? The VLC idea sounds promising, but when I put the link in for "open file>network" it doesnt work.. but maybe i need to change a port or a setting? Also, if there is another program that will record it/capture it, that would work to. I just thought the VLC idea sounded promising.
    IM TRYING TO DO THE SAME. Im a MAC user. I've tried exts: Clipta and NetVideoHunter from FF and I've also tried JING software which works , but it only allow 5 min recordings at a time!!

My main goal is to burn espn 360 football game replays to disc or transfer to an external hard drive
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have no way to test this as ESPN360 doesn't allow me to view it, but I've had success capturing streams with Replay Media Catcher (not freeware, but it works well). For those who may not know, ESPN360 only allows certain ISPs to have access to its media. Basically it's only the ISPs that pay ESPN for access. My ISP doesn't have access.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have no way to test this as ESPN360 doesn't allow me to view it, but I've had success capturing streams with Replay Media Catcher (not freeware, but it works well). For those who may not know, ESPN360 only allows certain ISPs to have access to its media. Basically it's only the ISPs that pay ESPN for access. My ISP doesn't have access.
    Yes, i actually loaded replay media catcher then realized it doesnt work for MAC! I sent an email to them to see if there's something for Mac. BTW, is the quality good with RMC?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lilygotsilly
    Yes, i actually loaded replay media catcher then realized it doesnt work for MAC! I sent an email to them to see if there's something for Mac. BTW, is the quality good with RMC?
    Yeah, I knew you had a Mac, but I was too lazy to check if Replay Media Catcher only has a PC version (that's what I use) or if they also support Mac. I figured you could check if you were interested. Yes, the quality is fine.

If you didn't know it already, you've begun to see the downside of Macs. I am no fan of Widows at all, but the fact is that Windows is where the tools are. On Macs you're lucky if you have 1 or 2 programs that can do something and if those don't work for you, you're out of luck. I think there is some kind of streaming media capturing program for Macs, but I don't remember what it is.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I knew you had a Mac, but I was too lazy to check if Replay Media Catcher only has a PC version (that's what I use) or if they also support Mac. I figured you could check if you were interested. Yes, the quality is fine.

If you didn't know it already, you've begun to see the downside of Macs. I am no fan of Widows at all, but the fact is that Windows is where the tools are. On Macs you're lucky if you have 1 or 2 programs that can do something and if those don't work for you, you're out of luck. I think there is some kind of streaming media capturing program for Macs, but I don't remember what it is.
    If you could possibly find it and let me know I'd greatly appreciate it! I have exhausted my search for now -- have some emails out -- and havent found anything that works for mac
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was just told of some virtual pc programs that supposedly work great with replay media catcher: Parallels, Bootcamp or VMWare -- do you know anything about this --- the quality is good?? ESPN 360 is a HD stream -- i have to first save the file then i want to download to a disc. Will i maintain the HD quatlity?? Even close??

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Parallels, Bootcamp or VMWare all give you a true Windows session that you will use to run Replay Media Catcher. I have used VMWare and it works fine, but I don't use my Mac for video work at all, so I have no personal experience using Replay Media Catcher in a VMWare window. It should work fine though. Note that if I remember correctly (never used it), Bootcamp simply boots XP on your Mac. The other 2 run virtual machines running XP while your Mac is booted in OSX.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THANKS! I guess the next step is to try it out -- going to try out VMWare - wish me luck. I guess my trepidation is my lack of confidence in getting high quality video from espn 360 down to disc - but ill never know if i dont try!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Parallels, Bootcamp or VMWare all give you a true Windows session that you will use to run Replay Media Catcher. I have used VMWare and it works fine, but I don't use my Mac for video work at all, so I have no personal experience using Replay Media Catcher in a VMWare window. It should work fine though. Note that if I remember correctly (never used it), Bootcamp simply boots XP on your Mac. The other 2 run virtual machines running XP while your Mac is booted in OSX.
    Checked the VMWare web site -- hmmmm... which download?? could you supply me with the link to the correct download page for my mac?? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM

Checked the VMWare web site -- hmmmm... which download?? could you supply me with the link to the correct download page for my mac?? thanks
    Yeah, their website isn't organized as well as it could be. Here you go:

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/

It's free to try VMWare Fusion, but you eventually have to buy a license to keep using it.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THANKS!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just came from the apple store and the guy there said id have to pay to load windows on my computer after downloadng vmware

is this true
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the apple "genius" said to google flv converter for mac. i did - is this guy a goof?? i installed iskysoft download and conversion software - neither worked. is there flv download/converter for mac that works for espn 360 or is the apple genius not such a genius afterall?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I just came from the apple store and the guy there said id have to pay to load windows on my computer after downloadng vmware

is this true
    Yes. I apologize for not advising you of this, but I totally forgot about it as my iMac was provided to me on loan from work and all this stuff was done for me.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, this is turning into a nightmare!! ALL I WANT TO DO IS CAPTURE ESPN 360 - MY GOD! You'd think i was breaking into the pentagon. I loaded Virtual Box , but now i realize i guess i have to buy purchase the disc for windows -- i dont know im stuck trying to get windows down on virtual box.
    Like i said - an apple genius said to google "converting flv for mac" but that hasnt worked either (********). He also recommendedt the itunes store - no espn games there either. i also downloaded 3 extensions on FF - Clipta, downloadhelper and net video hunter -- NADA!

I've looked at tons of software - nothing for mac or nothing that works. So now ive downloaded Virtual Box and besides the fact that i cant stand that im putting all this CRAP on my computer I'm going to have to start paying for all kinds of stuff -- and now im stuck trying to load windows so its a mess!!

I probably should have just looked for bootlegs of this stuff on the net and boutght the damn thing!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got another apple apt!! GONNA RAGE HOLY WAR IN THE APPLE STORE!!!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your all a bunch of stupid, geek wussies who cant face the music!!
    Quote Quote