VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some OGM files that I am trying to convert to DVD via CCE. I have 2 Computer that I thought had the same exact software on them.

One Computer is able to load the file in CCE and the other one is not able too.

Here is the avs script I am using:

<SCRIPT>
    # -= AviSynth v2.5.7.0 script by FitCD v1.2.8 =-
    DirectShowSource("C:\myvideo.ogm")
    LanczosResize(720,376,2,0,700,400)
    AddBorders(0,48,0,56)
    ConvertToYUY2()
    </SCRIPT>

One thing that I noticed is that when each computer is loading the file in CCE, they load different things in the Systems Tray. The computer that works loads the icon to the very left in the picture below:

The computer that doesn't work tries to load what looks like a DivX Icon and the standard Haali Splitter Icon.

They are both using CCCP, which I have been using for years, but one seems to work and the other doesn't seem to work.

What software generates the icon in the picture?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you go into your control panel - add/remove programs list, the icon a program uses is displayed next to it.

i can't identify that one, sorry.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing showed up there in the Add/Remove Programs.

However, I was able to right click on it real fast when I loaded a bunch of AVS scripts into CCE:

Maybe it is FFDShow or something, even though I thought those were red and blue with the namesake engraved in it when in the systems tray.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    more likely it's the ogg codec/filter/splitter one computer is missing.
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/OGG_DirectShow_Filter_OggDS_OGM_Codec
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    aedipuss, yes that was it. The OGM will at least open in VirtualDubMod now. Unfortunately, it will not load in CCE or VirtualModDub using AviSynth. VirtualModDub throws an error stating that it cannot determine the FPS. I believe there is a function called assumefps or something in Avisynth and I will play around with that when I get a chance.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FWIW, I finally figured out what the issue was. The CPU that would load the OGM file into CCe and VDM always displayed OGDSOGM Codec icon in the systems tray. The CPU that would not work, displayed DivX and OGDSOGM Codec in the systems tray.

That is whan I remembered that I had just installed "AVI2ISO". After uninstalling it, the CPU in question works. Not sure if there is a conflict or what.
    Quote Quote