VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did some research on the net and found some info about the drive mentioned above that says that it is compatible with bitsetting. I went to the manufacturers website for confirmation but found no info. Then I found this site did a search and it isn't in the bitsetting compatibity list. Who am I going to beleive? I trust more in you people! Can any owner tell me their experiences? Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Who told you that info??
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the drive has bitsetting capability and it is not documented, Nero Infotool may show the capability. Download and run it first.

Memorex doesn't actually manufacture DVD Writers.

If you want to bitset, research whose drive it really is. It may require a cross-flash to be able to bitset. Hint it is a rebadged Lite-On something or other.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/lite-dh-20a4p-post-your-scans-here-231051/ it's a rebadged LiteOn DH-20A4P which does support bitsetting.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks everybody for your replies.

_chef_: I found a post in another forum that said it supports bitsetting.

oldandinthe way: In wich tab does Nero Infotool is supossed to give me that information? I can't find it. What exactly is a cross-flash and how do I do it?

bevills1: Where exactly does the post say that it is a rebadged Lite-On? I searched the entire post and was not able to find it. I downloaded the latest firmware for the LiteOn DH-20A4P but was not able to complete the upgrade because it was recognized as a Memorex. If it is a Lite-On, Why does that happen?

Remember that you are dealing with a newbie.

Is there a hacked firmware for the Memorex that supports bitsetting? If so, where can I find it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry that was wrong link. According to http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/new-20x-memorex-writer-liteon-221268/ it's a rebadged LiteOn DH-20A1H. It doesn't actually say Memorex MRX-530L in this thread, but if you click the first link in the first post of the thread and click "downloads," under "hardware," select "CD&DVD Drives," and under "20x Multi Format DVD Recorder" select "Multi Format Internal" you find 5M64 firmware there; then post #3 in CDFreaks thread confirms drive with this firmware is a rebadged LiteOn DH-20A1H. The way to be sure is check your firmware version which will either be 5M64 or 5Mxx where "xx" is a different firmware version for same model.

Cross flash entails running a flash utility on firmware before a cross flash will complete. Be certain you have correct LiteOn firmware if you decide to try cross flash since flash with wrong firmware can kill the drive, i.e. make it permanently unusable.

The easiest thing to try might be the Book Type utility in the last "Read First" thread at http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/. It may be your drive supports bitsetting currently and not need cross flash as my Sony drive does.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks bevills1, I tried the booktype utility you mentioned and was able to burn dvd-rom compatible backups, wich was my intention in the first place. This community is amazing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by The__Hermit__1971
    Thanks everybody for your replies.

_chef_: I found a post in another forum that said it supports bitsetting.

oldandinthe way: In wich tab does Nero Infotool is supossed to give me that information? I can't find it. What exactly is a cross-flash and how do I do it?

bevills1: Where exactly does the post say that it is a rebadged Lite-On? I searched the entire post and was not able to find it. I downloaded the latest firmware for the LiteOn DH-20A4P but was not able to complete the upgrade because it was recognized as a Memorex. If it is a Lite-On, Why does that happen?

Remember that you are dealing with a newbie.

Is there a hacked firmware for the Memorex that supports bitsetting? If so, where can I find it?
    But don't trust anything you read.....
    Also, you need to crossflash to LITEON first.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why would he need to cross flash at all? The Book Type Utility works on 2 Sony DRU-120C drives I have without cross flashing, and OP's drive appears to as well based on OP's last 6/3 post. I wouldn't consider cross flash unless there's some functionality to be gained or unhappy with current performance.
    Quote Quote  
  10. [QUOTE=bevills1;1761549]Sorry that was wrong link. According to http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/new-20x-memorex-writer-liteon-221268/ it's a rebadged LiteOn DH-20A1H.

the link you posted to cdfreaks LiteOn 20A1H i checked and was unable to find the
    DH-20A1H you posted and as far as i can find liteon never had a model # DH-20A1H they did have a LiteOn LH-20A1H and the firm ware rev. for it is LLOD what other model of liteon might have the 5M64 firmware and thanks for all of your hard work here and support
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No LiteOn burner has 5M64 firmware because 5M64 is the firmware for the Memorex 530L clearly shown in the third post at http://club.myce.com/f44/new-20x-memorex-writer-liteon-221268/. The Memorex 530L is a rebadged LiteOn and has its own firmware that's different from any LiteOn firmware. Likewise my Sony DRU-120C is also a LiteOn rebadge with its own firmware that's different from any LiteOn firmware, and the same is true for all LiteOn rebadges.
    Quote Quote