VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone help me and if I have this in the wrong place let me know. This is my first post and I dont know where to go.

I purchased a Challenge Of The Gobots DVD boxset that some guy copies to DVD then sells them on the net . When I went and tried them on my 5 year old LG 5083 DVD player they would not work! Now what I want to know is this, Is the problem with tthe discs? Is it the fact that he used MEMOREX discs? I have other DVDRs + and - from other companies and they work. The DVDRs that work are from Sony, Phillips, Maxell, imation ( I think that is what they are called) and RDi (or something like that) So is it something to do with the MEMOREX rubbish that he used or is it something else liek the way they have been programmed?

What basically happens is this. I load the disc and the on screen DVD logo comes up and when that comes up it means the DVD is loaded but then nothing happens and I get the disc errorr o message then the tray opens up automatically.

Now I tried them on my PC and they worked now what I want to know is this, I have got some blank Phillips DVDs that I know work on my player and I was wondering if I can copy them onto those Phillips discs? But there seems to be a problem with the DVD palyer in my PC. It is like this, about 8 months ago we had to totally reinstall Windows onto the PC and we seem to have lost the DVD palyer of the PC (sort of)! If I try playing them on Real Player I get a message saying that the DVD software is missing from the PC and please reinstall software from disc that came with PC but the disc play through VLC media player! WHAT!! What is going on? How can VLC play them but Real cant?

Also what I Want to know is this, If I can copy them how do I do it? I do not have any external DVD burners. The one and only disc I ever burned was on the PC via Real Players Burner that I bought from them and the quality is very good. Can I do this, Could I put the disc to be burned into the DVD ROM tray, the DVD Disc to be copied into the CD/DVD tray and copy them that way? And if so how do I do it? Please explain simply as I hate and loathe DVDs (you never had this trouble with VHS) and I have no idea about copying discs and tell me how I can get discs to play via Real Player. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Memorex is pretty average. Personally I use Verbatim, and occasionally TDK (over here we get better TDK stock the US if you stay away from the cheap stuff - the UK should be similar).

However it sounds like you should first get someone who actually does know something about computers (a professional, not a friend) to fix your PC first.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hoggys2much
    I purchased a Challenge Of The Gobots DVD boxset that some guy copies to DVD then sells them on the net .
    Doing this knowingly is illegal....it's called receiving stolen property.
    Quote Quote