VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    2 weeks ago:

Today after rewiring most of the cables to the back side of the motherboard tray:

That's the best I could do since I have so many components in the Cooler Master 690 case: (2)pata dvd burners, (3)sata dvd burners, (3) sata hard drives, (6) 120mm case fans & (1) 80x15 fan. There is better airflow now that the center of the case has no cables dangling around.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, big improvement. It sometimes takes me a couple of times to get the cables right. Mostly I try to run the power cables first, then the data cables. Those round cables can be a pain. I've used wire ties around the cable at the connectors to keep the hood in place over the end connector. Glue would probably work better, but harder to use and not removable.

In my server with all the hard drives, I never really tried to clean the cables up that much. Especially the PATA one. The tighter the case or the less the airflow, the more you need good cable management.

I still like the case with a 12 inch fan on the side cover. Now that's moving air.

I'm still going through the process of boxing up everything in preparation for my move. Need lots more boxes.

My Vista computer has had a problem lately. The monitor blanks at random times and apparently the PC is mostly dead when that happens. No response from the keyboard or mouse. But the monitor light stays blue, telling me it's not in standby. The only way to fix it so far is a cold reboot. This last time I used the reset button and the PC shut off, never to come on again. I don't have the time to mess with it, so I don't know if the PS died or the MB. I'm thinking of just boxing it up and worry about it later. I still have the HTPC if I need to encode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    test
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    test
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!