VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I an trying to capture some old movies from tape before the tape dies of old age.

I have been using a Pinnacle Studio MovieBox USB and getting fair results. I have been thinking about buying a Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard Plus to get away from the USB. I’m also hope to get better quality.

Does anyone out there using the MovieBoard Plus and if so, do you think this would be a good move.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I got another suggestion,i bought a dvd recorder to record 8mm tapes and if theres any blanks spots or snow while recording the audio stays in sync,all you need to do after is either finalize the disc or copy it to your computer to edit.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    I got another suggestion,i bought a dvd recorder to record 8mm tapes and if theres any blanks spots or snow while recording the audio stays in sync,all you need to do after is either finalize the disc or copy it to your computer to edit.
    I need to edit some of the tapes. What format does your DVD record in? And what make & model do you have?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The model i have is toshiba d-r6kc,it records in all formats and the usual VIDEO_TS folder with vobs,i just record 2 hours and then copy to my computer,you can edit with programs such as tmpg dvd author and dvdlab.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimlong
    I an trying to capture some old movies from tape before the tape dies of old age.

I have been using a Pinnacle Studio MovieBox USB and getting fair results. I have been thinking about buying a Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard Plus to get away from the USB. I’m also hope to get better quality.

Does anyone out there using the MovieBoard Plus and if so, do you think this would be a good move.
    You can't go wrong with the Canopus ADVC110. I just had outstanding results with it. My VHS tapes were 1989 to 1993 era. It is firewire output to the computer though. I'm sure your Pinnacle software would recognize any good capture device. But to answer your question, I don't know what the good capture boards are that fit into the main board on your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Correction.
    Please note that dvdlab in only the Authoring Software not Editor, but TMPGEnc Dvd Author is both Author cum Editor
    Quote Quote