VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings.

I have been successfully transferring DV from my Sony TRV-310 over 1394 for the last year. I use Adobe Premier Pro to edit, XP SP2
    All was working fine until my teen-aged son used the camera to capture segments for his digital film class. He claimed that the systems and cameras at school were having problems and asked to use our camera to finish his project.He tried to transfer the footage to the school system without success. I connected the camera to my system in an attempt to help him transfer....and, you guessed it.....

My system no longer finds or recognizes the camera.
    I have checked drivers and my system does recognize the Asus unit I have on 1394.
    The indicator message on the camera LCD says "DV In" when the unit is connected.
    I'm thinking that the school's system reset something in my camera.
    I have checked with Adobe, Microsoft, and Sony for any solutions but have found nothing.

Any ideas? Many Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had a symilar problem few years back. In my case, the problem was a bad connection on the DV camera's 1394 conector. Probably because of continuous movement when the cable is connected, some connection failed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'll give it another look and make sure it's a good connect. I have a second cable I can try as well.
    Al Gravez
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not a cable problem as far as I can tell. Any other suggestions?

Thx
    Al Gravez
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the camera firewire port is physically broken(the plug has broken off the cam circuit board) or fried from a bad cable/port connection elsewhere.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. aedipuss, that is what I was trying to say. My problem was on the camera port, not the cable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try the cam on another computer. It is either a camera port malfunction, bad cable or computer problem.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote