VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I need a freeware program for making dvds that has these features, accept many types of video files, chapter creation, slideshow feature, adjust video/audio bitrate to low levels and choose they type of like mp2 or ac3 audio, menus with custom picture/background audio/motion buttons/video background/selection of different types of buttons/text, ability to burn to dvd or make .iso. Also the ability to make vcds and svcds would be nice too. I have nero 6 oem vision express but it doesn't fully can adjust bitrates well.

By the way if you know of a good payware program that I can buy at store i will like to know too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are freeware programs that do these things, but I don't know of one single programs that does all of them.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This adjusting of video and audio bitrates that you seek requires re-encoding. The last thing you want is for a DVD authoring program to re-encode your video. The end results will be significantly worse than if you encoding to the right bitrates to begin with.

You want an awful lot for free. I agree with guns1inger. Good luck with that.
    Nero Vision isn't freeware by the way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not free but you might try the cyberlink programs like powerdirector
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    <<---- Look over there <<---- at the 'Lists' and click on tools. Plenty of info on various DVD authoring programs. You might also check out some of the 'How To Author' tutorials.
    Quote Quote