VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have copied some of my bluray discs using megui.i resize to 1280x720 in avisynth script creator. i add the audio later about a 600mb file ac3.i use h264 codec , some movies are 3 gig some 4.3 and some 5.3 gig.in avisynth scrip creator i use resize to mod 16, i would like to create a 7.4 gig mkv file then add the audio to fit on an 8gb disk. so my question is , is there a program which you enter movie length, codec used, resize like 1280x720 or higher like 1600x796 etc.and it tells you the file size which will be created, then i add the audio to fill an 8gb disk.i then use mkv to vob to play on ps3. any help would be good thanks.in english basically i need to know if a bluray movie is 107 minutes long , i use h264 codec ,, 1280 x 720 m2ts file without audio what size file would i get.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Your size depends on the bit rate you are using. You should be able to calculate the size with a good bit rate calculator. A very rough calculation suggests that if you use a variable bit rate with an average of 9300 Kbps on a video 107 minutes long that you might get a file roughly 7.6 GB in size without audio. These are very rough calculations though and your actual results may vary somewhat as you might end up with a file 7.5 GB in size or 7.7 GB instead. I don't use megui as my PC is really too slow to make H.264 encoding practical, but some encoders do have options to specify the final file size and they will use whatever bit rate is appropriate to that file size. If megui supports such an option, this would be more reliable than trying to calculate it yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the info jman98, very helpful. i was using 4000 bitrate in megui, and it does have a bitrate calculator, so i have changed bitrate setting to obtain larger file. thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote