VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have mac imovie DV stream. I have a Liteon LVW-5045 DVD/hdd recorder with DV in. HOW can I PLAY the imovie DV into the Liteon ? Is this possible? When I stream to a camcorder from the mac it works GREAT. The liteon seem to not recognize the DV input when a mac is playing back. I tried the Simplevideoout X from apple site and that is crap. Does not work. I am looking for software I suppose that might take the DV from imovie and PLAY it on the firewire to my liteon. I'd really like to skip the camcorder if at all possible. Hope someone here has done this already!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very few DVD Recorders will take input from DV devices other than DV cameras. I can find no evidence that this is any different. Even the CD Freaks review doesn't suggest that it is capable of anything extra.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply. i was hoping for something that might emulate a camcorder to the liteon but i guess that is not likely. i thought that DV was a standard and that any device would recognize the other...oh well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might try the enosoft Dv processor to see if it can pretend to be a camera, but you would have to do this from a Windows PC.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote