VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have an archos 605 but need some help. i have copied a few of my own dvds caddyshack stripes slapshot and put them on my archos. now the problem is at home on the tv or where its really quiet thevolume is fine, but when i go to the gym where there is lots of background noise i can barely make out the volume on movies or audio. i called costumer support and basically was told to find a conversion program that would increase the volume to be played in louder areas. 1. what is a good program for this and 2. how do i do this with the different programs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you could try a different pair of earphones with a higher sensitivity. up over 115spa gets pretty loud.

look on the tools page here for an audio editor that works with the format used on your archos. they all can increase volume of an audio file. you will probably have to demux it first and then remux it back together after working on the audio.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah you could use audacity - use vdub to extract the wave. THen in audacity boost the volume and then reencode with video in vdub (probably vdubmod depending on what format you copied the dvds to).

Also you might look for headphones with there own volume control - I've seen some but I don't know if they really amplify the sound or just act as a "remote" volume control for the original sound level.

FYI audacity is free to work with as is virtualdub.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    headphone volume control is just an inline resistor that lowers the volume from max, no amp in the little slider
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. another question a little of topic, when i am at the gym it is really loud and is it possible that the noise reduction headphones would block out that type of noise or is it only soft background music
    Quote Quote