VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All

I'm trying to get some info re JVC HR-D725U, JVC HRD360U and Fisher FVH-4901 VCRs

I do have the manual for the Fisher FVH-4901: what does "HQ+CCD" mean?

Re the JVC HR-D725U: what does "Dynamic APACON" mean? Also, I see that there is a 10-pin connection for a Camera (DC 12V Max 8 W) - what kind of camera does this refer to?

Since I don't have the manuals for the JVC VCRs I am wondering what features they might have that I am unaware of - and how do these models stack up to other (more popular) JVC models, i.e. what features I am missing?

I am been unable to get any info doing Google searches

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi

The JVC HR-D725U is a high end deck with four audio channels. This is rare now as most models are either hifi or linear stereo only. This is one I would grab. The ten pin camera connection allows for separate video camera to be attached. Some beta units used 14 pin camera connector. You did not need to use an external camera breakout box when VCR had the camera input connector. Before camcorders hit consumer market. Portable VCR recorders/camera units were the way to shoot home movies. I once owned the RCA VJP-900 set with Hitachi saticon tube camera, a very nice setup in its day.
    Last edited by Arcadian7Litre; 11th Aug 2018 at 06:17. Reason: typo errors
    Quote Quote