VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have several Zune's and love it. I am in the process of converting all my videos to WMV for Zune and 360 Compatability. I have done it so I know it is possible, I want to place cover art into the WMV file instead of seeing a clip of the video that sometimes you can Identify the file and sometimes not. I used one program but had deleted it and now I can't find it again. I have for example Resident Evil with the cover art showing on my zune software and it have national treasure with a clip image from the movie... Any and all help would be appreciated... Also if anyone knows how to use MP4 files on the 360 without having to be online that would be even better...

I attached a .jpg file to show what I mean.

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has a solution been found to this? I hate this problem with WMVs on my Zune.

I know it's an old topic, but this is what Search came up with for me. Exactly what I'm looking for and the screenshot makes it look possible!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did find an answer to this issue but unfortunately the program was way to bugged to enjoy doing the work. I am still searching for a better answer at this time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can do it with avisynth and feed the script into a wmv encoder such as wmnicenc, but you have to know some basic scripting. This might be difficult to do if you're not already familiar with the basics. There is no easy to use GUI that does this for you that I know of.

You just splice into the start a resized movie poster using ImageSource(), let it display for a few frames, and delay the audio by the same # of frames used for the images to keep sync.

Here is an example from a clip from The Dark Knight Apple movie trailer. You have to resize the image first to fit the desired dimension, then addborders() to fill the frame. The segments must have matching audio & video characteristcs, thus the AssumeFPS() is required. The actual video portion needs to be resized to fit the 320x240 dimensions required (i think?) for the Zune compatibility, so it was resized to 320x144, with borders added to fill the frame. Since the video is offset by 10 frames in this example, you have to offset the audio or you get sync issues (10/23.976 = 0.417). Then you have to use Zune compatible encoder settings (1000kbps CBR for video I think..., can't recall for audio ) . The process is basically the same for all videos if you want the "preview" image, so it's not necessarily specific for the Zune

Code:
    ImageReader("dark_knight_ver12 146x234.png",start=0,end=10)
    AddBorders(87,3,87,3)
    ConvertToYV12()
    AssumeFPS(23.976)
    a=last

DirectShowSource("tdk clip.mov",audio=false)
    AssumeFPS(23.976)
    LanczosResize(320,144)
    AddBorders(0,48,0,48)
    b=last

DirectShowSource("tdk clip.mov",video=false)
    c=last

vid=a+b
    aud=c

AudioDub(vid,aud)
    DelayAudio(0.417) #because 10 frames offset (10/23.976 = 0.417)

320.wmv
    Quote Quote