VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im trying to capture "Lost" off ABC.com but have no idea where to start. I am not computer savy so any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not need the entire episode, but just portions of it....

Where do I start? What do I use?.....

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Buy a DVD Recorder if you are not computer savy.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sasha1234
    Im trying to capture "Lost" off ABC.com but have no idea where to start. I am not computer savy so any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not need the entire episode, but just portions of it....

Where do I start? What do I use?.....

Thank you in advance.
    WM-Recorder (WMR) and Replay Media Catcher (RMC) work on non-certificate auth sites like hulu.com, but any shows that abc.com releases can ONLY be played by players that have the proper auth certificate, which is their own player that you download from their site. So what this means is that when WMR or RMC make a request to capture that stream from abc.com, abc.com simply refuses and you're left with only the commercials. Believe me, I've already spent the cash purchasing both programs only to find this out after the fact. Should've done my homework before spending the $$$. Oh well, live and learn.

The only program that works is one that will capture the video right off your video buffer, in other words a screen capture like WM-Capture or SnagIt. I've got WM-Capture and it actually does work pretty well and allows saving of the stream to either a MPEG-2 or a WMV file. The only annoyance about it is that you must take the time to position the capture crosshairs perfectly right on the screen so you don't end up capturing useless pieces of your own desktop as part of the video, but once you get the hang of it, the HD content saved as MPEG-2 is actually very good. You won't be able to tell the difference between it and one captured using WMR or RMC.

-Jac
    Quote Quote