VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This software claims to be able to rip HD and Blue-ray disks to your HD. Has anyone ever gotten it to do that. I've tried to rip HD disks and it won't even recognize the disk. It won't co-exhist with AnyDVD,it won't even load if AnyDVD is on my HD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    anydvd and dvdfab do the same thing so you shouldn't have them running at the same time. but you can install both, i have, and not have them load at startup. that way you can run whichever one you want.

haven't tried fab on a HD disc but i've not heard anyone say it doesn't do what it claims.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109
    it won't even recognize the disk. I
    You do have an HD-ROM drive don't you? No insult intended but sometimes people try to read a HD or Blu-ray disc in a DVD drive which can't recognize the HD disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes,I have an HD-DVD drive.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member 1st class
    Search Comp PM
    I have ripped the King Kong HD-DVD without any problems using DVDFab HDDecrypter. I was actually kind of surprised how fast it worked on a 2.4GH P4. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with the ripped movie so I deleted and haven't tried again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by SCDVD
    it won't even recognize the disk. I
    You do have an HD-ROM drive don't you? No insult intended but sometimes people try to read a HD or Blu-ray disc in a DVD drive which can't recognize the HD disc.
    How do you decrypt a blu-ray to hard drive with this software? I dont't see the option? I insert the disc on the BD-rom and nothing happens. Where do you start the decrypting process on this software?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD HD Decrypter doesn't work on HD\BR disks. The only program that will is AnyDVD. Install it,right click and select Rip to Hard Drive from the menu.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have to agree. Having received my LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD drive and installed it in a machine running WinXP, I could not for the life of me get it to recognize any Blu-Ray disc in the drive. Those same discs played just fine with Nero 8 (w/addin) and, later, I tried AnyDVD-HD (trial) and that ripped them just fine.

If DVD Fab HD is supposedly so "good" at doing the same thing, how come it's virtually impossible to find mention of Blu-Ray or HD-DVD discs on the author's website? None of the FAQs or help on the site even mention Blu-Ray.

I googled the problem and found others with the same issue. It's disheartening, because I really don't want to spend $120+ on AnyDVD HD, but at the same time, this s/w is aggravating the hell out of me. [Note: my 8800GTX connected to my Dell 3008 will NOT let me play the discs directly unless AnyDVD HD is running. Once ripped (via AnyDVD HD), I can play them without AnyDVD.]
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well according to festmaster it can be done, maybe not foolproof, but supposedly it works.....And it's free ....What do you want for free ,perfection ?
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  10. "supposedly it works"

Look, I'm not asking for perfection, the thing doesn't work for me or the OP, and doesn't even seem to recognize the BR/HD discs at all, let alone try to decrypt them.

My biggest frustration is that there is about one line that says the new version handles br/hd on the website, but then absolutely nothing about Blu-Ray or HD-DVD in any of the faqs or help.

If someone didn't tell you this thing did Blu-Ray, you'd have no idea that it did from either the program itself or the website.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvd fab 5 does work. I have ripped batman begins, field of dreams, mission impossible 3 all hd-dvd disks to my hard drive. what you do with the files is a whole other tutorial. command line anyone? lol.
    Quote Quote  
  12. maybe it only works with HD DVD? It doesn't work with any of my original BD discs (I tried about 50 titles, including Batman Begins, it doesnt' recognize BD at all!
    "Half empty or half full, it's still only half a glass" - What Dave Says
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is from a recent changelog:

Please note: DVDFab doesn't support HD-DVD and Blu-ray officially now, since it doesn't work on some Blu-ray discs, which was just released or released by "20th Century Fox". Please take this feature as free bonus, thanks for your understanding.
    PB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Wulf109 - You say you have a HD DVD drive - can it also read BluRay discs ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well there is always blurayberry to try
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My HD-DVD drive only reads HD disks,no Blue-ray. It's an X-box external USB drive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My HD-DVD drive only reads HD disks,no Blue-ray. It's an X-box external USB drive.
    Then it doesn't matter what software you use, you can't rip Bluray discs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have the LG GGW-H20L, which is a BD writer and it play's HD DVD's. For some reason DVD Fab HD decrypter seems not to recognize these drives, I also have to use AnyDVD, which works just fine with this drive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dwisniski
    I have the LG GGW-H20L, which is a BD writer and it play's HD DVD's. For some reason DVD Fab HD decrypter seems not to recognize these drives, I also have to use AnyDVD, which works just fine with this drive.
    I have exactly the same drive and the same exact problem. DVDFab HD Decrypter refuses to recognise the LG GGW H20L.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    did you give blurayberry a try? http://www.download32.com/blurayberry-i39951.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Fab HD Decrypter works great on Blu-ray disks. The only Blu-ray disks it won't work on are the BD+ disks.
    Here is the process from start to finish ( movie only) and burn to a BD-5, or BD-9, or BD-R blank disk.
    Software needed and all freeware.

DVD Fab HD Decrypter
    BDinfo
    TSMUXER
    Imgburn
    fast eddie
    Quote Quote