VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a movie which is avi format. The movie is 2hours 26 minutes long, but when i use dvd flick to convert it to dvd, the end product is just a 35 KB file that lasts for 1 min 10 sec

Whats going wrong? I have used dvdflick to convert other movies, so why is this not working now
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried the latest dvd flick beta also? http://www.dvdflick.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=534

If you have then give us more information about your source file, like a post screenshot from gspot.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I post a screenshot from gspot? And even so, what will that screenshot tell you?
    [/img]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In regards to screenshots, follow the directions here: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic271697.html

Any information GSpot provides about the AVI might give us a clue as to why the video isn't being converted correctly. For example, maybe it's encoded in a way DVD Flick doesn't like. Or, the AVI could be corrupt.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got it to work. Seems the installed copy of dvd flick was corrupt, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, and bingo

One more issue, when I load a title into dvd flick, and then go to project settings->Video and choose NTSC, or NTSC-film or PAL, what am I actually choosing? Cause the titles I have converted to DVD using the PAL setting play in my DVD player and so do the ones using the NTSC setting. However, when I go to another DVD player, neither types of DVD play? Whats with that
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Being you live in the U.S, you will want to use NTSC.
    Quote Quote