VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This applies to DVD-RW Discs only, as it is not a problem with DVD-/+R Discs:

Using ISOBuster or DVD Shrink, I can rip my recorded (JVC DMR-10S) +RW discs without any problems.
    When I use CloneDVD2, I get the "Oh, No!" error as writting starts. DVD Platinum does not even see the +RW discs. I have the latest versions of the software installed. I also, have the latest firmware for the DVD Burners( Plextor 760A and Pioneer 115 DBK). The problem shows up when using either Burner to rip.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Probably your DVD+RW discs are not finalized. Many DVD recorders do NOT automatically finalize them as they can be played back on DVD recorders without being finalized. However, the lack of finalization does cause problems on PC playback.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know that having made many rips. The discs are finalized and DVD Shrink and ISOBuster know it. CloneDVD and DVDFab do not. The vob and IFO, etc. are presnt, yet I get this error:

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Surely the discs were recorded using DVD-VR format.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then I would suspect media issues. Simply being able to read the disc contents does not mean the data is actually there and/or valid.

Maybe try a different brand of media.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote