VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, sorry for the obscure title, but couldn't find a brief way of saying this, so here goes. I have "successfully" authored a DVD from a DivX source file, using DVDFlick to author the DVD folder structure, then Nero 8 to burn the Video DVD. I find I can insert the DVD OK in to my standalone Phillips DVD player, which is attached to my TV. The DVD does autoplay quite successfully, as I have not asked for it to have a menu or anything like that. So, it plays out fine. But when I press Stop/Pause or anything else on my Phillips Remote Control, I get a problem: nothing happens, no response, as if the DVD is somehow not recognising the commands. All I can do is eject the DVD in order to "Stop" it. Nb., this does not happen with other DVDs as standard, only the one I have authored. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong, and how I could corrrect this issue?
    Best Wishes,
    Paul
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It could be authored with user restrictions but I doubt that dvd flick does that. I would try an other all-in-one converter like favc(free) or convertxtodvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, thanks Baldrick, will try those. Was wondering, could it be because I burnt it to a Re-Writable? Or would that be nothing to do with it?
    Best Wishes,
    Paul
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Stop and Pause have not much to do with DVD, it is a player which will respond to those.
    Did you check a battery in your remount, it could be too week to produce strong enough signal for player to see.
    To be sure, just try buttons on the player itself.
    Quote Quote