VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i purchased a toshiba 37av500u. i have hooked up my pc using a vga cable to the tv. i can see my desktop no problem, i can see streaming video from the net no problem. but when i try to play an avi, i get a blank screen. i have tried using media player classic, media player and nero showtime, all with the same result. my video card has 2 ports (1 digital ,1 analog). i am using my digital on my monitor and my analog on the tv. do i need to use the digital on my tv to watch avis? thanx for your help in advance...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you see the player but with just black in the video window? Then it sounds like a video overlay problem. Try then change the analog vga output to the primary monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i can see the player, with black in the video window. i will try that and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok...now that i have switched to my primary monitor with the analog cable, i am having the same problem...does this mean i have to use my digital output on my tv for the avis to work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by goo2
    ok...now that i have switched to my primary monitor with the analog cable, i am having the same problem...does this mean i have to use my digital output on my tv for the avis to work?
    What display card and display driver update do you have? It's a configuration issue but display cards each have different menus and to make it more difficult to help, menus differ by driver version.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    radeon 9200se...21/02/2006 driver update
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by goo2
    radeon 9200se...21/02/2006 driver update
    I don't have any ATI cards running here currently. The Catalyst control panel allows you to choose the primary monitor and the 9200se may support Theater Mode. Otherwise use extended desktop and try to match the Toshiba's native resolution (1366 x 768). Select the external monitor as primary (overlay).
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote