VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good evening,

I have an RCA DVD RTD300 player, it fried on me. It is part of a home entertainment system that is in a motorhome. It has 5 square outputs on the back that are the 5.1 surrond sound. How do i find a replacement for this unit? I have found out that the plugs are propritery (sp). The sales man syas that if i try to change the plugs and use a different unit i will blw my speakers. what should/can i do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your first option would be to track down another RTD300, possibly through RCA or maybe eBay. This would likely be the easiest method and will keep your setup original.

Aside from that, the salesman is full of sh*t. You could replace the player with another DVD player/receiver combo or seperate components. It will just depend on your space constraints.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear Nickoleyt,

Had the same system in my coach. Very simple. Note from the back of the RTD 300 which color connector goes to which speaker and which color of each wire pair goes to the + and which to the - connection. The wire is most likely black and grey with the grey going to the + side of the connection at the back of the RTD 300 and the black going to the - side

Write down which color connector goes to which speaker type and which color of each wire pair goes to the +.

Label each pair of wires with the color of the connector it is attached to.

Cut the jacks off of each wire pair close to the connector. Strip the insulation off of the last 1/4" of each wire of each pair.

Now get a DVD/surround sound unit and put each pair of wires to the correct speaker output connection on the unit. Most all units have a connection on the back that takes bare wires. Note that your speakers are 6 Ohm speakers so you need to get a DVD/surround sound unit that uses speakers of 6 ohms or less.

And yes, that salesman knows not of which he speaks.
    Quote Quote