VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to find out the quickest and easiest way to mix an audio file (in WAV format recorded on an external audio recorded) with .avi vision.

Currently I'm loading the audio file in Premiere Pro and matching it to where I want in the vision, then exporting uncompressed. From there, I'm using VirtualDub to then compress the file to a manageable size (say, about 4GB).

Is there any easier way to do this? The only reason I'm exporting from Premiere Pro uncompressed first is the DivX compression is really bad in Premiere Pro, so VirtualDub is needed to get it looking OK.

The real key is just being able to easily match the audio with the vision (to certain "synch" points) and being able to export out to an .avi file around 4GB in size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What format is the original AVI ?

If it is already a Divx/Xvid compressed AVI file then you could could simply export the audio in a suitable format - say 256 kbps MP3 - then mux it into the avi file with virtualdubmod.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's actually already a divx .avi file.

The problem I'll probably face is that I need to precisely mix a point in the audio with a point in the video, otherwise it's redundant. I'm assuming that using VirtualDub mod won't necessarily give me the chance to do that.

The way I'm doing it now is by setting a marker in Premiere on both the audio and the video, then simply lining the two markers up. I do this a number of times because there are multiple points I need to synch up.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still trying to find a solution to this issue if anyone can help...

It's a tricky one, I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are doing the right thing as far as syncing up the audio, now all you need to do is export just the new audio track, as MP3, directly from premiere, then use virtualdubmod to mux it into the avi file in place of the old audio.

In virtualdubmod, load the video, then click on Streams->Stream List. Click on the current audio track, and then click Disable. Next, click Add, and browse to your new audio track and select it. Click OK. Making sure both video and audio are set to Direct Stream Copy, click on File->Save As and save your new avi with new audio track.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote