VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My 3 yr old gateway laptop was dropped and the screen plasma now appears visually broke (physically all parts appear to work).

I want to use the broken gateway laptop and send the video to my working ibm laptop just for the purpose of making sure the gateway computer is still working. I know how to do this if I had a plain monitor screen but I dont have a separate monitor. Is there a way I can do this using a second laptop or do I need to go out and buy a monitor.

Please tell me if a second laptop works as the video display for a broken laptop. If so, how do I set this up?

thanks,
    Joyce
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't unless your IBM laptop has video in. Very few have it by default, so the chances are very low. You really need an external monitor to check it out.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or an alternative could be to use svideo out and hook it up to a tv with this input type. Then you can test it out that way. Of course it won't be nearly as sharp as a computer monitor.

But your best bet is to pickup a real monitor. You would need a vga cable to connect it obviously.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your responses.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try using/installing remote desktop software. TightVNC would do it, as will the built in windows remote desktop, or perhaps use a free trial of internet based RDS services www.LogMeIn.com or www.GoToMyPC.com
    Quote Quote