VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! I have a problem with some DVD-s,when I play them on my DVD player or on my computer,the DVD skips the menu and goes directly to the main movie,and it is really frustrating!Every time I watch that dvd-s,I have to press the menu button on my remote to see the menu.Is there a way to fix this? Please,help...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use PGCEdit for the job. Turn on the Trace and trace through the movie and back to the menu. Then set it to start there instead. This assumes it goes to the menu at the end of the movie. If it never goes to the menu, it's a bit more complicated.
    Note – If you want the DVD to start at the menu but it actually starts directly with the main movie, just let it run through until it gets back to the main menu.
    Here's the guide:

http://download.videohelp.com/r0lZ/pgcedit/third_party/blutach/How_to_use_PgcEdit_new_macro.htm

The "Jump To PGC Upon DVD Insert" is no longer done in a Macros button at the top, but in the PGC button at the top.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure you don't have some program on your cpu that enables this? If i remember correctly, this was one of the feature of Dvd Idle.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @sikoone - it won't help on a DVD player. The structure of the DVD pathways has to be changed to alter the behavior.

A lot of DVDs automatically play the movie, especially if that is all that is on it. If there are no extras, they figure that there is little point making you go through a menu first to choose the only available option.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it going to the START of the main movie, or to the part of the movie you last viewed? Some DVD Players (set-top and/or software) will automatically "resume" DVD Playback.

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen this happen on my standalone player with some home-made DVD's I've gotten from other people. I don't have an answer, but I know it does happen. I have to hit the menu button to get back to the menu. And they do have more than one program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have only seen it happen on discs that were authored that way. For home made discs this isn't unusual, given the number of questions we get about setting up First Play correctly. Obviously not all authoring tools allow the user to do it, or make it obvious how if they do. For commercial discs, again, rightly or wrongly, it was a decision made during authoring. If your player is doing it on discs that it shouldn't, then it is faulty.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have solved my problem using PGCEdit (trace mode) and I've chosen the menu where I want the dvd to start when I insert it,so now it shows the menu and then the main movie....there was a menu on the disc,but the DVD infact was authored that way so it plays the main movie instantly....thanks guys!
    Quote Quote