VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I've got this shiny new hdr-sr11 to take footage of my baby girl. It creates MTS files in avchd format. What's my best format option for having videos that are still playable in 20 years? I guess I could output them to divx or windows media but those just don't seem like the best ideas? I've thought about archival dvdrs as well but I would be losing quality by converting to dvd format and I also have no idea if those really hold up any longer than ordenary dvdrs. Advice anyone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just keep the .MTS files. Save them to a hard drive AND make an archival copy of the MTS on DVD. No need to convert anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    Just keep the .MTS files. Save them to a hard drive AND make an archival copy of the MTS on DVD. No need to convert anything.
    I agree 100%. This file is already heavily compressed. Any conversion will lower quality without shrinking the file much. In the future .MTS will be expected.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Awesome, thanks guys!
    Quote Quote