VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I have a Pioneer Elite DV-47AI, with S-Video out to an NEC DLP projector hitting a (approx.) 9 ft. DaLite screen.

It is a few years old, and has recently developed some strange glitches on the right side of the picture. They are always there and don't move. I have 2 other sources feeding the NEC and they are clear so I'm pretty sure it's the DVD player. They change color depending on what colors those pixels should be. Has anyone seen anything like this, or have a possible solution? Thanks for reading this. Hope the images aren't a problem.

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Image 2

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Image 3

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Image 4

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Image 5

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And image 6

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Before assuming it is the DVD player, I would first verify that input using a different source and/or move the DVD player to another input and see if the problem follows. Nothing worse than troubleshooting the wrong piece of hardware.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    Before assuming it is the DVD player, I would first verify that input using a different source and/or move the DVD player to another input and see if the problem follows. Nothing worse than troubleshooting the wrong piece of hardware.
    Hi. Thanks for replying. Yep, I already tried all that good stuff. Definitely the DVD player. I'm gonna try to clean it again and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then I wouldn't expect it to simply be an issue of the player being "dirty". That would typically result in macro blocking or skipping. Your issue is consistent and in a fixed position which would seem to indicate a hardware issue. Time for service or replacement.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote