VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have printed the tops of 100s of DVDs (using my Epson R260), but have always done the printing AFTER burning the discs. I know this is, by far, the preferred method. However, I have a small project (about 75 DVDs) coming up that will be very time critical (hours) in that I need to burn the DVDs just before distributing them.

I have a 1 to 7 duplicator so I have no problem burning the DVDs, but then there is no time to print the faces. I must also state that I do need something printed (and not just labeled with a sharpie). So, that gives me two choices: (1) use stick-on labels printed ahead of time; or (2) print the face of the DVDs prior to burning them.

I REALLY don't want to use stick-on labels, so my question is (in this extreme case), "is there any problem printing the discs prior to burning them?" I understand that if I get a bad burn on a disc, then I've wasted the ink on that disc.
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is no problem with printing the discs first. Just be careful to not scratch or slime the bottoms of the discs. Whatever you do, don't use labels. They definitely create playback problems with DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes! Nice information that you have shared with us.

Thank you very much!
    I'M a SPAMMER
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Start with a clean cake box spindle, and be certain to space between the discs (I use a rubber hose washer) to allow them to air dry until ready to burn. Put the cake box cover back over them after printing to keep any dust from the bottom of the discs and handle them by the edges.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote