VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 recorders, a Panasonic ES15 & Lite-On 1107. My +RW discs have become unrecordable on the LiteOn one by one lately. I tried reformatting them in the Panni. Did not help. Is that formatting causing the problem? What is the remedy?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD+RW tend to die pretty quickly. Turn the disc over, pull out a magnifying glass. I bet you'll see small pock marks and/or creaters in the phase material. The discs are toast. Trash them.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But these disc still work with the Panny. I was thinking there may be some format difference between the two machines. But on reading the manuals, they are supposed to both record in +VR format on +RW discs. Things just don't add up.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's no difference other than if the disc was formatted in one particular unit, it should not be formatted by the other.

There's also slight variations between lenses and firmware to contend with.

This is normally why the disc's appear to have a shorter life span... normally just being finicky or picky, but it is recommended that which ever unit first formatted the disc, then it stays with that unit till it quits.

I should add when I mean "normally", this is in reference to swapping the disc between multiple recorders, when considering part 2.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I second the notion of only formatting or recording a RW disk on one machine (although it plays on any).
    I found out how quickly the disks died when mixing them between my PC and my Panasonic recorder.
    As a side note, I could recover some of them by doing a 'Full Erase' using IMGBurn; subsequently, I marked the disks so that I wouldn't mix them again..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    During the weekend I also find a way to revive the +WR disc to record in the LiteOn. I recorded a short title on the Panny. to check if the disc is OK. Then I put the disc in the LiteOn and erase it. After that I was able to record with the Lite. I repeated that with another disc and confirmed it true. Problem seem to be solved, but no logic to it.
    Quote Quote