VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all

My first post here so bear with me .)

I was searching whole forum for some tech details about codecs. Not too techy, but more than common knoledge. AFAIK - this site provides only practical suggestions on how to manipulate video in various formats. So i went to Mr G and searched there. I found great article about this: http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?SCID=14&CIID=82898

Hope this helps to some other curious geeks like me ,)
    video is worth a thousand images
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I read the article .. and the 25 posts discussing the article, some of which are very critical about the accuracy of the article.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Wikipedia is bad, BUT still is better than that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. are there any articles on tutorial-like side about codecs'n'stuff? wikipedia is more like a reference than a guide to such things .)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What are you specifically trying to accomplish? When it comes to video codecs, less is usually more. People usually get into trouble when adding codec packs. The philosophy around here is to install only the codecs that you need for specific purposes. What video formats to you most often work with?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm trying to get a grip of more theoretical side of video "storage" (if i may express my-self so). I think it will help me to understand all the problems that people working with videos (specifically conversion) are facing around this forum, because right from the start all the acronyms and abbreviations are a bit scary (at least for me)
    Quote Quote