VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am trying to rip a DVD with music on. DVD plays fine in a stand-alone DVD player and on PC using Nero. When I try to rip it via PC using Total Video Converter the sound is distorted (as if it's outputting too highly off the DVD) Have tried all options such as lowering volume down in settings but this just appears to lower the volume of the 'distorted' sound captured (ie: same amount of distortion, lower volume) Any clues? When I play DVD in TVC it also plays like it's been recorded 'distorted' but I know it hasn't.

Hope you can help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What audio format are you ripping(LPCM,DD,DTS)?
    Use LPCM for best results and rip with DVDDecrypter ->IFO mode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think it's DD. Not too good with ripping DVD's. Used to use DVD X copy (or something like that) but computer crashed ages ago and I lost that program. Is DVDDecrypter a DVD copier and is it free to use?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by TheGMan
    I think it's DD. Not too good with ripping DVD's. Used to use DVD X copy (or something like that) but computer crashed ages ago and I lost that program. Is DVDDecrypter a DVD copier and is it free to use?
    Yes it's free and it used to be the best ripper available,it's still the best for ripping audio:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338512.html
    After you rip you can use AC3Tool to convert to WAV which all software accepts.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, using DVDDecrypter now and everything seems to be working fine. Trouble is, I have Windows 2000 and it's splitting the VOB into 1gb chunks as my OS can't cope with a file over 4gb. Obviously I don't want a song to go off half way through and have to select the next track to hear the remainder. Is there any way to join the bits together in Nero as it's burnt to DVD? TIA
    Quote Quote  
  6. Convert your drive to NTFS or select no file splitting in DVDDecrypter,I would split by chapter like the guide above recommends.
    Quote Quote