VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi bro,
    i need to buy good dvd player if possible sony or panasonic with the following features :

1- dvd recorder which can record most of dvds specially double layer.
    2- high definition recorder .
    3- internal hard disk.
    4- play divx files.
    5- rich output ports to play with high definition LCD Tv and if possible card reader.

thanks for help ......

waiting for reply....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No DVD recorder will record in HD. The standard for DVD is only 480. Possibly years down the line Blue Ray recorders may be available, but not for now(excluding $2000 units in Japan).
    In the US we have no Sonys or Pannys with HDD's, but the Pannys we do have, have your #1, #4 and #5 points. They are the EZ series. If by HD you mean upconverted HD, all our current EZ Pannys upconvert to 1080p over HDMI or component(for unfinalized DVDs).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sony and Panasonic both suck, worst choices you could make for quality.

Philips has a great recorder, does all this.
    It converts the HD feeds to 16:9 SD, of course.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks bros for your help and i understood that there is no high definition recorder it's ok but if philips have a good recorder please tell me the models no. so i can buy it .

thanks again ....

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure if all Philips are alike, but the one I'm thinking of, 3575/6 does not do his #1 point, record to DL discs and his #5 point, it has no card reader. A USB port but no SD card reader.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cccf25
    thanks bros for your help and i understood that there is no high definition recorder it's ok but if philips have a good recorder please tell me the models no. so i can buy it .

thanks again ....

Here's a page with lots of organized info on the Philips DVDR3575H/37, with places to buy. Sam's Club has lowest price and best return policy.

HOWEVER, since you're in Egypt, that model (with the "/37") won't be available since it indicates North American version. I couldn't find an equivalent Philips model sold in Egypt... the closest Philips HDD unit for Saudi Arabia ends with "/69"... that may be what you have to look for on the end of the model number... Egypt and Saudi Arabia are both SECAM or MESECAM (Saudi) Tv system, per latest info I have.
    Quote Quote