VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to say hello to all and I am happy to be a new member here.

I did a search on google and found this forum which looks awesome.

I was looking for the best and most versatile home recorder.

There is so much out there saying region free code free and nothing but confusion. I see digital filters or enhancing video filters to remove unwanted you know....

I ran into one huge problem and this is why I started this thread. I made a home movie on my Panasonic PV-GS400 which is one of the best ever made camcorders few years back. 3 color CCD etc etc.

Anyhow I captured the video into my Home Sony combo DVD/VCR unit RDR-VX515 and created my DVD. Great!!

I took that DVD and wanted to make some changes in OSX and when I did I was shocked. That stupid Sony recorder somehow and I cannot figure out how copywrite protected my Home movie put ontp DVD? COuld it be because I recorded in HQ mode or is it that sony recorders are absolute Junk!!

Have you ever heard of such a thing?

I am done with this combo recorder. What I want to do now is bring in my Home VHS recordings that the Sony Player sais it copywrited and they are not, and back them up to DVD's. The VHS tapes are getting old and I need to back them up soon.

I would like to back them up on the Sony DVD/VCR Combo recorder but it refuses? I thought at first maybe sony thinks it copy protected because I removed the Safety Tab and that was not the case.

I think its too sensitive and has mistakenly thinking taken this home recorded VHS tape as copywrite protected.

Will this Philips Recorder work for me for these False Positive Copy written protected VHS tapes?

Can I use the sony RDR-VX515 to play the VHS tape into the Phillips recorder's Hard drive then burn it to DVD or will I still need some kind of Video filter for this false positive Copywrite protection?

If I cannot find a European model will the US model Suffice?

If I cannot find the 3575 model what will be the main difference in the 3576 model? Should I get that one instead?

Its also unclear if there is a difference between DVDR3575H/37 and DVDR3575H/37B and DVDR3575H/35 and DVDR3575H/05 . I see like 6 models listed for DVDR3575H on Phillips site.

DVDR3575H/37 2007 versus DVDR3575H/37 2008 model?

Is the DVDR3576H as feature rich as the DVDR3575H/37?

Also Real Important and maybe I am asking the recorder to do too much? Will it record to DVD as DIVX/XVID compression instead of DVD?

Thanks so much for answering this grueling post and sorry for my scattered grammer!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forum!

Your ident; shows "United States" so I wonder why you asked about the U.S. version being OK if you were looking for the EU model. The "/37" indicates North American version and that's what I have... 3 of them. You definitely want the unit for your country since the TV systems are different... tuners and connectors diff.

The new 3576 has updated FW for the Front End (FE) which might make it a better one to get, and it's cheaper, like $248.28 at Sam's Clubs.

I've read lots of posts from people running into false CP with their Sony equipment, so the 3576 would be a good one to use for tape transfers and daily recordings. I don't *think* the Sony will give a false CP when playing the tape, it's prob. the DVD side that's falsely reading CP, but can't be sure of course.

Here's a thread with a list of informational Subjects on everything you might want to know about the 3575/76.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply. I will go with the 3576H/37.

Will it record divvx/Xvid or only playit?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It will play both, but not record.

The manual has 2 pages on playing DivX but doesn't mention Xvid. However, one user posted that it did indeed play Xvid, per this post.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wabjxo
    It will play both, but not record.

The manual has 2 pages on playing DivX but doesn't mention Xvid. However, one user posted that it did indeed play Xvid, per this post.
    Does sombody know how to hack Philips DVD recorder 3576H/37 to convert it to multiregoion. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No one has found a hack yet. There are lots of hacks for players, but recorder hacks are virtually non-existent.
    Quote Quote