How I ca FIX it
    it show when i try to burn old movies..

Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i have problem with winavi
    if i try burn VCD video the video look like pixels

How I ca FIX it
    Quite simple: do NOT use WinAVI Video Converter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ....for anything.

Tmpgenc free edition provides the best results
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What format is the source video? That looks like a possible codec problem. Does the file play properly before you used WinAVI? If so I would also recommend a different program.

Some VCD authoring programs: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/authoring-svcd-vcd

VCD is an old format with limited support these days. You can check your video against 'WHAT IS' VCD to the upper left on this page to see what it needs to be VCD compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WinAVI has a dodgy reputation at best. I've never used it myself, but a quick search on the Web reveals no end of complaints about instability, crashing, premature termination, and just overall flakiness.

Depending on your source file, there are numerous better alternatives, many of which are free. For example, if you are starting from a DVD, it's hard to do better than EazyVCD (it's free, trivially easy to use, and works well). The only limitation is that it will not support subtitles. But if that's not a problem for you, then I'd use that. It has a built-in ripping engine, and uses TMPGEnc to perform the actual conversion into VCD-compliant MPEG. The quality is excellent; VCD is not a high-quality format, but EazyVCD squeezes the most quality that can be squeezed.

If you are starting from something else, you may have to perform a few extra steps, with TMPGEnc at its core. You can do a search on this forum (and the web) for online guides for converting from a given format into VCD using TMPGEnc. It's not hard, though, and the results are likely to be a lot better than what you achieved with WinAVI.
    Quote Quote  
  6. WinAvi 9.0 does not even exist, 9.0 is most probably a warez scam!
    http://www.winavi.com/en/video-converter/new.htm
    8.0 is the current version.
    AFAIK all winavi gui's are blue in color.
    Quote Quote