VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, etc! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. i had a similar problem ended up the laser went bad ordered NEW from panasonic so i thought,they sent a rebuilt one and said it was new ,you could tell from the rub marks on the screw holes and drive .It gets better I find a note in the box that they want the old drive back or ready for this a core charge will be applied to my card ? now i don't know about any body else but when i order new and pay a premium price i expect new with no core charge. I called them and explained the problem the girl said oh you want a new one i said well yes thats what i paid for she made a note on my acct and another about o core sent a shipping return label but will not send a new one until they get that one back ummm they have my cc number? poor business practices from them this is just a fyi to watch what you get look at it closely and complain .
    Quote Quote  
  2. JJeff's up/down channel reset fixed my problem. I record on DVDRW disks, then insert disk in my laptop - copy the raw video over, (then edit with MPEG Video Wizard).

Anyway on the Panasonic, I was suddenly getting the message "UNFORMAT" on the front panel. Attempting to format resulted in "failed format". I thought it was my old scratched up disks until getting the same result from new ones. Then found the post on how to reset by holding up/down channel buttons for 10 seconds. Presto!

Thanks folks!
    Last edited by CartoonVideo; 22nd Feb 2013 at 19:22.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I had my DMR-EZ37V for about 5 years and hadn't had time to use it. I just pulled it out and the DVD would not read. What I found once I took the top off the machine and then the top off DVD, was the packing ring was still in the DVD. I removed it and it worked like a champ.
    Quote Quote