VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi - i'm trying to demux VOB files to DV so I can edit them in my FC - the rushes are from a Varicam DVC Pro HD - i'm told they were transfered direct onto DVD (How?) - anyway so i've set up to demux VOB files form the DVD TVIDEO_TS to encode to DV to import into FCPro but when i click 'encode' all i get is a 'where's progress.app?'. i've searched that and browsed and searched my drives but can't find this .app - any help at all would be really helpful..
    Thanks
    L
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our mac section.

What software are you using?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK that cam only shoots 1280x720p on tape- so there's no way it went direct to dvd.

you need more info about the footage.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies - the software was ffmpegX (i assumed this was their forum..oops) the problem seems to have been solved when i re-download the software and now the progress bar appears. It seems the DVD rushes were mpeg2 coded and mux'd (but this is what i received from the post house:- 'These weren't encoded as files through a Codec, they were dubbed directly from the Master tape footage on to a DVD as per all of the other files..') huh? I want to see that machine that pugs an HD deck direct into a DVD recorder.. - anyway moving on and away from misinformation i am slowly encoding to AVI DviX which seems to work on my FC. fingers crossed - L
    Quote Quote