VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    apologies if this is n the wronge forum....

i have a series of 19 short films to upload on to either blip tv preferably or if not you tube.i am having a lot of problems with exporting and conversions:

i am currently exporting as a quicktime movie/fcp doc that will play alone with quicktime pro (ie the export s quicktime movie not quicktime conversion) option.

the films are on average 2 gb (8 - 10 mins) when exported.

I am then using visualhub to encode on their settings ( i am deinterlacing in the advanced tab but thats all i'm changing) to mp4.

this leaves me with a file size of around 300 - 400 mb. the quailty is pretty good but the file size means that it takes about 5 hrs to upload to blip/you tube. -

can anyone recommend me a better format/ and appropriate settings / different program / tutorial to get the file size much smaller. i need to keep to as high quality as possible.

i ve followed the blip tv tutorials and my results were far from good.

i ve also tried to export again using visual hub , to flv format. I changed the bit rate to 400 and did not alter the size. the result was a small file but very blocky. maybe someone can advise on this?

i ve tried so many different optins now i'm going out of my head, so any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As your source file is probably DV, consider downsizing for the web (less pixels equals smaller output file), as well as using H.264/AAC .mp4 (for most quality per MB).
    720x576 DV is 414720 pixels per frame.
    640x352 (16:9) is 225280 pixels per frame (only 54%)
    512x288 (16:9) is 147456 pixels per frame (only 36%)
    Whatever huge file you have to upload, that same size will viewers have to download, so smaller sizes are very good, even if you sacrifice some detail in lower resolution. IMHO and all that.
    Quote Quote