VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to utilize the PowerDVD v7.3 h264 decoder as a directshow filter so my media applications can use it without installing the whole PowerDVD suite. I tried registering it manually as regsvr32.exe cl264dec.ax and also using radlight, but the decoder shows up as a splitter in g-spot instead of a decoder.

I'm using Haali Media Splitter as my .mkv splitter. The whole process works fine with CoreAVC as the decoder, but obviously you don't get hardware acceleration with it.

Is there a way to change properties in the system so it recognizes cl264dec.ax as a decoder instead of a splitter?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I managed to get it to work by registering cl264dec.ax in the original Cyberlink/VideoFilter folder with all the .dll's there. Now it decodes my h.264 files in windows media player with hardware acceleration for those encoded properly.
    Quote Quote