VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Y'all, I got a question. I am trying to burn anything (have tried slideshows & movies) using both Nero & PhotoDVD proggies and have ACE Pro Codecs installed. Everytime I burn a slideshow or movie, the finished product comes out with skips throughout or actual stops in both audio & visual. I have downloaded more codecs, all microsoft updates, and have tried to burn with nothing else running on the computer. Does anyone else have any suggestions??!? Thanks in advance,
    Shell
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do not use Nero

Do use Imgburn

Do not use cheap, crappy media

Do use Verbatim or TY media

Do not install codec packs, ever

Do run a speed test on the disc after burning - Nero CD/DVD Speed or DVD Info Pro can do this

Do use a decent software player - MPC/VLC are good choices
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will try Imgburn & DVD Info Pro asap... Never had thought of the media.. thought all was the same... and I have VLC so good to go there... Thanks much & hopefully, I won't have to load anymore problems here!
    Shell
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Poor quality DVD media is one of the most common causes of skipping on a burned DVD. And the easiest one to change just by using better quality DVD media.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I certainly agree with you. Your advice is really very helpful for us.

Thanks a lot!
    I'M a SPAMMER
    Quote Quote