VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I bought a slightly used Samsung TS-E552U external dvd/cd burner. I haven't had a problem with it until today. Not so much the writing or burning. The playback is what I am having a problem with. Everything works the rip and the burn. But when I put the dvd in a Sansui VRDVD4001AC dvd/VHS combo. The dvd skips. It's a back up copy of Juno. If that matters at all. I put a home made dvd from my Mom's school in and it played fine. So it left me scratching my head.

The funny thing is I have a Memorex MVDT2002A. A Flat screen with a built-in DVD and VHS. The layout is almost identical to the Sansui...dvd wise that is. The DVD plays fine like a new dvd. I also played the dvd on a Memorex MVD2040. It also played fine. So is there something I am missing? Is it my dvd burner? Is it the Sansui combo? Would a lens cleaner help at all? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Burn another copy and see if it still skips,if it does then try another media brand.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably your Sansui combo since you're using TAIYO YUDEN media and that it plays fine on your Memorex player. Sounds like your Sansui unit is failing....time to buy a new dvd player since it's so cheap these days.
    Quote Quote