VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes i am burning Mpegs on to dvd disk with nero and they play in my dvd players just fine but they take to long to encode them does any body know what i could do to make them faster and or know how to burn mpegs on to dvd disk that can play in my dvd player any programs please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some players will play mpeg files as-is, however this is not a DVD, and not all players will be happy with it. If you want to create a DVD Video then you have to author the video and audio into the correct structure.

If your mpeg files are already DVD compliant (See What is DVD - top left corner of this page) then this should be a short process taking no more than 10 - 15 minutes. If they are not compliant then they have to be encoded again, which risks losing quality.

Personally, I do not like Nero. I believe it has a poor encoder, and has a bad habit of re-encoding compliant files even when told not to. There are far better options available.

You should start by using g-spot to find out if your files are compliant. If they are not, and you are creating them yourself from avi files, try using FAVC to encode, or learn how to encode properly. If your files are compliant, use GUIForDVDAuthor or DVD Styler to author the mpeg files into the correct DVD structure, then burn with Imgburn.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote