VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone,

The link for the .mkv to Blu-ray without reconverting guide no longer seems to work. Does anyone know if the guide is still accessable on another web page? The only thing I don't remember is what to do with BDEdit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently the site is gone. But you could try this as it appears to have similar information:
    http://www.bitburners.com/articles/convert-mkv-files-to-blu-ray-or-avchd-for-playstati...-tsmuxer/4019/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's easy really, only a verification process.

-In BDEdit open the folder with your blu-ray structure.
    -In the PLAYLIST tab, click Read and check to see that the height is indeed what you selected (480p, 720p, etc.)
    - In the CLIPINF tab, click the Read again and check for the same thing there too.

This ensures that your "blu-ray" on your hard drive is in sync with each of its folder components. If you've done the previous work accurately this step is unnecessary other than for piece of mind.

Then it's safe to burn with UDF 2.5.

Hope it helps until the link is restored (if restored).
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick replys guys, what i was trying to extract was how does one use BDEdit with an odd resolution video file (say, 1280x544) to hex edit it so the Blu-ray player will think it's a 1280x720 file. Also, does anyone know how to do the same thing with 1080 files that are oddly resized? (like 1920x800).
    Thanks again in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As that guide was concerned, the "resizing" or "tricking" was with the hex editor, and the BDEdit part was just verification.

The numbers you have to change, if you remember where, including 1080, are:
    1 -> 480i
    2 -> 576i
    3 -> 480p
    4 -> 1080i
    5 -> 720p
    6 -> 1080p
    7 -> 576p

Not sure how BDEdit does any "edits" though. The guide didn't show anything there.

I personally believe that guide was removed because it may have been perceived as being piracy-centered. Keep in mind, that guide won't get your content to BD if it wasn't properly encoded in the first place such as having B-pyramids, too many ref frames, etc. It's only a "hack" to trick the BD player into thinking it's a certain size if the streams are pseudo compliant.

I did like it for reference and knowledge, but prefer instead to re-encode my personal video from the source for BD playback. I could care less what streams are found on Bittorent and don't care for "hacks" to get them playable.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I AM LOOKING FOR BLUERAYS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AND I LIVE IN KANSAS, THANK YOU!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    GO TO THE STORE AND BUY SOME!! I'M PRETTY SURE THEY HAVE SOME IN KANSAS!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    badboyzz, Please try to stick to the author's first post in each topic, if you want to discuss something else, create a new topic.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote