VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JohnnyMalaria
    I've put in more than 2000 hours using Vista. I've had exactly one BSOD - that was on the day I installed it. I was trying to get an old soundcard to work on the XP installation (which it didn't) and I needed to remove it. Since then, not a single glitch. No lock ups. No crashes. Reliable. 32- and 64-bit. 64-bit Vista is excellent. I do not like using XP anymore.

If you are going to bitch about something - e.g., Vista - do so from experience. i.e., use it for many hours (not just a quick play to subjectively validate your preconceived notions).

My experiences are Apple/Mac are:

1. I hate the company because of their attitude and business model
    2. I find the products unappealling - especially the keyboards
    3. I refuse to install any Apple software on my Windows machines because Apple break many of Microsoft's guidelines. Bits of iTunes and Quicktime are still littered throughout my XP install. If I want (no, need - I'll never want) to play a .mov file, I don't want f*cking iTunes as well. Maybe they've changed that. I believe QuickTime on Windows has been deliberated engineered to be crap so it can fair poorly against QuickTime on a Mac
    4. I've never used OS X and likely never will. The Apple display at my local BestBuy won't let you actually *use* the computers. Just gawp at them with the demos running. I'd try OS X if it were available sans hardware.
    5. Given the convergent evolution of the hardware, I'm sure that the computers are as robust as a decent Windows platform.
    1. PC, your jealous.
    2. PC, you have a lack of imagination and don't like change.
    3. PC, hope you can find those littered files and or any other other files. By the way it's deliberately.
    4. PC, your efforts are weak and you are very narrow minded.
    5. PC, If you've never tried using a Mac how can you justify this?

Have a good one PC

2. maybe at some point the mac os will be sold to regular pc users,
    that could be the direction they are going.
    and that way we will all have another os to choose from.
    i know i would like to try and see what its all about.
    think about it, mac os has got a good history of being stable, less problems etc.
    maybe jobs is going that way.
    HELL AINT A BAD PLACE TO BE

Search Comp PM
    mac os-x to widows users..... ummm.... why? commercials don't equate to truth. os-x had more security patches in it's first year than xp or vista. only robots believe what they're told without questioning.

http://blogs.technet.com/security/archive/2008/01/23/download-windows-vista-one-year-v...ty-report.aspx

--
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    mac os-x to widows users..... ummm.... why? commercials don't equate to truth. os-x had more security patches in it's first year than xp or vista. only robots believe what they're told without questioning.

http://blogs.technet.com/security/archive/2008/01/23/download-windows-vista-one-year-v...ty-report.aspx

LOL

Where did you get that chart? My chart is from a reliable source. And where is Leopard 10.5.2? OK it hasn't been a year.

Blogs are talk and talk is cheap PC .

Search Comp PM
    10.5.2 - the 347 MB service pack for Leopard 10.5.1. I hope it fixes a lot of problems, because 1.5.1 has as many problems as Vista, and many of them are very similar. It is also far more sluggish than 10.4.x, and even more sluggish than Vista on comparable hardware. No impressive.
    Read my blog here.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by iMacMan
    I've put in more than 2000 hours using Vista. I've had exactly one BSOD - that was on the day I installed it. I was trying to get an old soundcard to work on the XP installation (which it didn't) and I needed to remove it. Since then, not a single glitch. No lock ups. No crashes. Reliable. 32- and 64-bit. 64-bit Vista is excellent. I do not like using XP anymore.

If you are going to bitch about something - e.g., Vista - do so from experience. i.e., use it for many hours (not just a quick play to subjectively validate your preconceived notions).

3. I refuse to install any Apple software on my Windows machines because Apple break many of Microsoft's guidelines. Bits of iTunes and Quicktime are still littered throughout my XP install. If I want (no, need - I'll never want) to play a .mov file, I don't want f*cking iTunes as well. Maybe they've changed that. I believe QuickTime on Windows has been deliberated engineered to be crap so it can fair poorly against QuickTime on a Mac
    4. I've never used OS X and likely never will. The Apple display at my local BestBuy won't let you actually *use* the computers. Just gawp at them with the demos running. I'd try OS X if it were available sans hardware.
    5. Given the convergent evolution of the hardware, I'm sure that the computers are as robust as a decent Windows platform.
    1. PC, your jealous.
    3. PC, hope you can find those littered files and or any other other files. By the way it's deliberately.

Have a good one PC
    It's good to see you don't take cheap shots, and give well reasoned, logical responses to the arguments of others. The puerile and personally insulting nature of your reply sums up the worst of fanboy-dom.

Are you, perhaps, Steve Job's love child ?
    Read my blog here.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    10.5.2 - the 347 MB service pack for Leopard 10.5.1. I hope it fixes a lot of problems, because 1.5.1 has as many problems as Vista, and many of them are very similar. It is also far more sluggish than 10.4.x, and even more sluggish than Vista on comparable hardware. No impressive.
    If you do a clean install of Leopard and then upgrade to 10.5.2 it kicks butt! No problems. Fast as snot on a cold day! A newer Intel Mac helps speed as with any computer. I did however run into problems by doing the upgrade from 10.4.11 to Leopard! So my advice is to wipe a HD completely and install then upgrade.

Search Comp PM

1. PC, your jealous.

Have a good one PC
    It's good to see you don't take cheap shots, and give well reasoned, logical responses to the arguments of others. The puerile and personally insulting nature of your reply sums up the worst of fanboy-dom.

Are you, perhaps, Steve Job's love child ?
    I wish I was PC. I see a shite load of cheap shots from PC users including charts to define their superiority. I'm going to fire back. I'm out numbered but it's fun!
    Don't take MAC vs PC to serious as it will get you nowhere! Use what works for you and f@#k everyone else!
    I'm nobody's boy son! I say what I think!

Search Comp PM
    10.5.2 - the 347 MB service pack for Leopard 10.5.1. I hope it fixes a lot of problems, because 1.5.1 has as many problems as Vista, and many of them are very similar. It is also far more sluggish than 10.4.x, and even more sluggish than Vista on comparable hardware. Not impressive.
    If you do a clean install of Leopard and then upgrade to 10.5.2 it kicks butt! No problems. Fast as snot on a cold day! A newer Intel Mac helps speed as with any computer. I did however run into problems by doing the upgrade from 10.4.11 to Leopard! So my advice is to wipe a HD completely and install then upgrade.
    These were all on brand new Mac Books that shipped with 10.5.1. These were entry level Mac Books, which, for AUD$1700 contain the same hardware configuration as an AUD$1000 HP or Toshiba, so I suspect they are simply under-powered. Tiger has no such problems on the same configuration.
    Read my blog here.

Search Comp PM
    10.5.2 - the 347 MB service pack for Leopard 10.5.1. I hope it fixes a lot of problems, because 1.5.1 has as many problems as Vista, and many of them are very similar. It is also far more sluggish than 10.4.x, and even more sluggish than Vista on comparable hardware. Not impressive.
    These were all on brand new Mac Books that shipped with 10.5.1. These were entry level Mac Books, which, for AUD$1700 contain the same hardware configuration as an AUD$1000 HP or Toshiba, so I suspect they are simply under-powered. Tiger has no such problems on the same configuration.
    Did you upgrade to 10.5.2? Service packs are for Windows users which seem to never end because of the holes in Windows/XP/Vista etc... Ongoing struggle for Microsoft! Of course no operating system is without holes but I see you are still slinging your BS! Nice try but your full of shite! You are not specific when it comes to details and are therefore full of shite! Whatever your point/argument is I'm not following it as I think your full of shite! If they were Intel Mac Books (which they would be) then your full of shite as usual!

Search Comp PM
    This thread has served it's purpose (if it ever had one).

/Mats