VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    I am able to see video/audio only in gom player. all other player in powerdvd8,wmp,wmp classic are blank but their is audio. i installed kazaa mega codec pack 390 under default profile. what do u guys suggest.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it happen with ALL video file types?

I would uninstall the kazaa codec pack and just use ffdshow or just install the codecs you need. It could also be an overlay/video acceleration issue like you have to two monitors/tv and you have set the primary monitor to the one you are not using.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To check for the overlay issue, try opening two instances of MPC. If one works and the other doesn't, then it is the video overlay. Otherwise, it sounds like a codec issue. While codec packs work for many users, they are also known to cause issues such as this which can often be impossible to fix. As noted above, try uninstalling the codec pack. Then use a program such as codecsniper to verify your remaining codecs.

And from now on, install only the codec needed to get a file playable. You can open files in an app such as Gspot to see which codecs are needed. And then simply download and install only that codec.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. i think it was overlay issue. as soon as i played around with the ati card utility it started working. but i dont know hw it got fixed.
    Quote Quote