VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, here's what I'm trying to do:

Using Mac The Ripper, I extracted a DVD I purchased. I now have a "VIDEO_TS" folder on my desktop with several files in it -- 6 files with a .VOB extension, 2 with a .IFO extension, and 2 with a .BUP extension. What I'm wanting to eventually do here is import these video files into something like iMovie (that's the movie program I'm most familiar with), so I can cut some scenes and add some fade-ins. Now that I've used Mac The Ripper, I have no clue what to do with these video files.

So I need help ... and it is OK to talk to me like a 4-year-old until I get the hang of all this conversion stuff!! haha

Thanxx for any help you can give me ...

P.S. -- I do have DivX Converter on my computer if that helps any ...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing to do with your problem, but for general info, take a look to the top left on this page for 'WHAT IS' DVD. That will tell you what the VOBs, IFOs and BUPs are. Also some information about the DVD structure, format and specification. A little background knowledge is always useful.

One of our Mac users should be able to help with the rest of it.

And welcome to our forums.

And Ryan J, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  3. use YADE to extract the files you want to use and from there you'll need to convert them to dv format to import into imovie...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did try to download YADE, but when I clicked on the "download" link, it just said a fatal error had occurred. Is there another way to do this??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get MpegStreamclip with the $20 QT-Mpeg-2 Codec add-on,
    open the ripped VOB in it and convert it to DV Stream.
    Then, import the DV Stream into iMovie.
    works every time....
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote