VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The third and last major update for Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT)'s Windows XP operating system will be made available to system builders and business customers next week and to all XP users in late April, according to a widely read tech blog that in the past has accurately predicted release dates for Microsoft products.
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jhtml?article...SSfeed_IWK_All
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, Epi! This is good news!
    Quote Quote  
  3. They have been saying this(final) for six months now,I will believe it when I see it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just saw a program that preferred SP1 only...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Please PM me when they announce the update CDs are ready for overseas delivery.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Two of my computers seem to have loaded the update already. Now they no longer connect to my Wi-Fi. I'm try trying to get things worked out now.

EDIT: Computers okay after restoring to an earlier date and disabling Automatic Updates.

Computer 1 = 2.0 GHz Celeron w/256 MB of RAM

Computer 2 = 1.5 GHz Celeron M w/504 MB of RAM

Any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Epicurus8a
    Two of my computers seem to have loaded the update already. Now they no longer connect to my Wi-Fi. I'm try trying to get things worked out now.

EDIT: Computers okay after restoring to an earlier date and disabling Automatic Updates.

Computer 1 = 2.0 GHz Celeron w/256 MB of RAM

Computer 2 = 1.5 GHz Celeron M w/504 MB of RAM

Any thoughts?
    Reinstall your wi-fi driver
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My problem turns out to a a non-SP3 issue that has troubled VISTA users too. After restoring to an earlier date, just re-install the latest Windows updates a second time and everything should be fine.

(Thanks for the advice Dv8ted2.)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have heard that there isn't much new in SP3. Supposedly it is just a consolidation of all of the updates to date. It's primary purpose is to make sure that users have all of the previous updates by wrapping them into a service pack.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by SCDVD
    I have heard that there isn't much new in SP3. Supposedly it is just a consolidation of all of the updates to date. It's primary purpose is to make sure that users have all of the previous updates by wrapping them into a service pack.
    There is now support for black hole routers, and you can now install without using a key.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dv8ted2

There is now support for black hole routers, and you can now install without using a key.
    eh?? ms is going to add one key to our registry(PMTUBH=1) and make all XP versions into corporate installs?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by aedipuss
    Originally Posted by Dv8ted2

eh?? ms is going to add one key to our registry(PMTUBH=1) and make all XP versions into corporate installs?
    No,

The initial install can now be done wothout a key, but this gives you thirty days to insert the key or you will have to reinstall, because it will quit working.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So sp3 will be out just in time for the official death of XP huh???? I know they say support will go on till 2014 or something. But still kind of ironic there.....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote